Friday, 10 August 2012

Day 4 Ragged Point to Pismo beach

Very easy start to the day. Left lodge we were staying and straight onto Highway 1. Reasonably flat and wind at our backs. Passed elephant seals barking.. Hundreds of them!! Passed Hearst Castle  and had lunch at a really quirky little town Cayucos.
Afternoon much more difficult as we cycled long stretches with wind in our faces through acres of farmland.
Reached Pismo Beach a sprawling seaside town.
Quote of the day from a lady we met to ask directions" I envy your energy..I wish I could buy your youth!... I bet you guys aren't 60"
Decided on rest day on Friday as running out of time! Will take train to Santa Barbara and the see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hey diff getting a handle on this blog reply lol, sent one while ago but don't think it went!!! Well done for yest & lol at quote of day, hope we all have ur drive & energy at 60 Stephen!! Glad u taking rest day to relax & enjoy Santa Barbara, such nice place! We on ferry to Vancouver now, looking forward to it! Weather been lovely, just right temps for walking/exploring-about 24/25 deg!! Spoke to Conor other day, they happy to see Mary & still having a ball despite rain for last 2weeks (home from home lol)! Their trip to Halong bay sounds cool-hoping weather will improve when they go south aft!! Can't believe they have only 3 weeks left!! Enjoy ur day relaxing in sun!! :-))

    ReplyDelete